I'm creating a simple desktop application using java. For that I would like to create my own look and feel. But I feel helpless ....
Could anyone provide me guidelines in doing this.. If possible would you please provide me some useful, simple websites (explaining the basics) regarding swing-look and feel .

I'm cofused with whether creating our own look and feel is easy either with net beans IDE or simply using command prompt....pls help

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by peter_budo

Here

Edit: P.S. Attempting to crete your own look and feel far from a "simple" task. It tasks even the best of Java Programmers (to get it right, anyway).

Edited by masijade: n/a

Thank you..I found Synth seems more useful....But is it possible to implement Synth in netbeans? Please help me ?

Thank you..I found Synth seems more useful....But is it possible to implement Synth in netbeans? Please help me ?

Read this on Synth Look and Feel.

Anyway masijade is correct it is complex task, not just simple replacement of graphics as the above tutorial tries to do

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.