Hi!!!!
Can anyone tell me how can I make a search similar to BING in a window application.
I want to make a window application in which user would enter any name and he would get the related pictures displayed in the form.
In this ,I want to give user a set of around 8,000-10,000 images in advance. and he enter any name in search field , if the particular image exist then it should display the related result other give message"NOT FOUND".
Now ,how can I assign the name & description to the image such that when user enter any name it should compare that string withe the name or description and display the related result.
Also tell me some way where and how to store these images in backend such that user could not copy these images from backend.

Kindly provide some solution.............

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Thanks for your reply.........
Actually in those threads the search functionality is applied among forms.Since I have around 10,000 images then I don't think that it is feasible to add 10,000 forms and add images to those forms and apply search with Formtext.........
Kindly tell me some other way .............

You could use a database with related search terms included in a record with the url of the relevent image. You could also use metadata to search through images.

It really depends what you need to do...

You could use a database with related search terms included in a record with the url of the relevent image. You could also use metadata to search through images.

It really depends what you need to do...

Thanks, but problem is that if I use database ,then database will become too heavy and bulky with so large number of image files.
And when i'll give it to customer then it will take lot of time to install on client computer.Also the customer could copy the images from backend folder............
I want that the customer could see the images only during execution not from backend folders...........

Thanks, but problem is that if I use database ,then database will become too heavy and bulky with so large number of image files.
And when i'll give it to customer then it will take lot of time to install on client computer.Also the customer could copy the images from backend folder............
I want that the customer could see the images only during execution not from backend folders...........

Then use a database as privatevoid suggested. You could also encrypt the images so they will not be viewable outside of your application.

Then use a database as privatevoid suggested. You could also encrypt the images so they will not be viewable outside of your application.

Thanks.....
If i add url of images,it means I have to store images in a folder,then I have to import that folder on user machine too .And if I encypt it , then the user could decrpyt it ..........
Is it possible if I could make dll of that folder and apply search in that dll............

Thanks buddies for your replies............

Can anyone tell me is it possible, if I make 6 fields in database namely SNo. , description, Image1 , Image2 , Image3 , Image4.
Now on the Form1 I have textbox ,button and listview.
Now I want to apply Search in such a way that When I enter any string in textbox ,it should compare that string with all the strings in "description" column in database and should give all the closest results in the listview. But condition is that in listview it should display values (which are images) of column "Image1" corresponding to the values(text and special characters) of "description " column which gives closest matches with string in textbox.
I mean to say that after the textbox string compares with the string in decription column ,it should display images of "Image1" column rather than displaying values of "description "column............

I hope the problem is clear ..........
Kindly tell me how can this be done.........

SELECT Image1 FROM myTable WHERE description = "<description>";

Kindly tell how can I search the database..........
I don't know how to apply search and display the corresponding images from "Image1" column............

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.