Hey Everyone,

I have developed a program to help me geocode approximately 100,000 addresses from Google. After doing some i/o to bring all the names into a vector in C++, I have now 100,000 distinct addresses that I must pull up, retrieve the code from google's server via csv output, and then put the csv information into a string (it's very short because it's just lat/long information and an error code). Is there any way to pull up each of these hyperlinks? I am good with non-network programming, but am unfamiliar with how to do this in C++. VBA via Excel fails to accomplish this task in under 4 hours (for 5k). I would like to be able to do this via C++ (initial sorts took 1/30th of the processing time) from now on as I will have several hundred thousand more to do soon. If someone could point me to some documentation or code snippets, I would love you forever....Many Thanks.

Edited by TylerTCF: n/a

8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TylerTCF

Many have recommended the curl library for applications that need to interface with the net.

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you been able to successfully compile a cpp using CURL? I'm getting many compile errors. Did you just use the .exe version or a different version? I tried to compile their example...no luck.

Sorry, for the many questions, just new to this type of development.

*sigh I thought this would be simpler....

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.