Hello, I have a tiny problem with my c# application, the short version : not all windows users can see it.

Long version:
1. I created my c# application, and it works, no problem there.
2. I published my application and I obtained my setup files.
3. I started the installer, finished installing, tested if it works, and no problem here.
4. THE PROBLEM: I logged off, and another user, logged on, but SURPRISE, he couldn't see the application in the installed programs list.

Why is that? And how can i fix it?
btw: I created the application in VS2008
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well at installation time setup asked you to install this application for "everyone" or just for a "single user", by default it takes single user, so that is the problem.
so you just uninstall that application, and install again that application, and this time you select the option "for everyone" at the time of installation..........

Hope it works for you........:)

Well at installation time setup asked you to install this application for "everyone" or just for a "single user", by default it takes single user, so that is the problem.
so you just uninstall that application, and install again that application, and this time you select the option "for everyone" at the time of installation..........

Hope it works for you........:)

Sorry but I don't receive the question to install for everyone or just myself and there is nothing similar to what you described. When i run the installer all i get is a security warning and after I pass this, instalation continues and when it ends it starts the application.
Maybe the way I publish is not good (from Build->Publish SolutionName) or there are certain settings I should be aware of?:S

problem solved. thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.