Hi...
I've passed through this question that want to print out the consonant,vowel, upper case letter and lower case letter separately..This is the example of the desired output....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENTER ANY WORD : Hello World

THIS IS THE OUTPUT FROM THE WORD YOU HAVE ENTERED :

1.CONSONANT : HllWrld
2.VOWEL : eoo
3.UPPER CASE LETTER : HW
4.LOWER CASE LETTER : elloorld
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You for helping....

Salem commented: High time you made an effort -4

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

vowels are aeiou, all other alpha letters are constants
toupper() will tell you if the letter is upper case
tolower() tells you if the letter is lower case

i just dont know whats the function to detect the upper and the lower case letter in this kind of program...i've tried finding it on the internet but couldnt find it..so thats why i'm asking here..without it for sure i cannot even start to code this program....

>toupper() will tell you if the letter is upper case
>tolower() tells you if the letter is lower case

You mean isupper and islower. Well, toupper and tolower will tell you too, but it's a pretty fair bet what the result will be. ;)

commented: Yup :) +25

i just dont know whats the function to detect the upper and the lower case letter in this kind of program...i've tried finding it on the internet but couldnt find it..so thats why i'm asking here..without it for sure i cannot even start to code this program....

Thiswill answer all your question of life and the universe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.