I'm implementing a TCP protocol. TCP implementation requires to send packets continuously and if the receiver doesnt respond after a particular interval of time it should resend the packet again. I need some method to implement a timer expiry function. How can I implement it?? Should i implement threads (If yes can you please give a sample)? or is there any better method?

Btw I'm implementing it in a Unix system

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm implementing a TCP protocol. TCP implementation requires to send packets continuously and if the receiver doesnt respond after a particular interval of time it should resend the packet again. I need some method to implement a timer expiry function. How can I implement it?? Should i implement threads (If yes can you please give a sample)? or is there any better method?

Btw I'm implementing it in a Unix system

Everything you mention here is already incorporated into TCP/IP..

Everything you mention here is already incorporated into TCP/IP..

Thanks for the reply. I'm implementing a a very simple TCP protocol so I want to keep it simple.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.