i want to add source files that i made in another computer to my project.
i want them to be at the same folder as the project.
how do i add them to the project?
(to copy them into the folder wont help in this case..)

thx!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i want to add source files that i made in another computer to my project.
i want them to be at the same folder as the project.
how do i add them to the project?
(to copy them into the folder wont help in this case..)

thx!!

Right-click the package where you want to add the files and select "import"

Right-click the package where you want to add the files and select "import"

it isn't a package, just i started the project from enother computer, and i want to copy those file to this computer.

From what I have understood you need to do, it is something like this:
You have created/worked on the project on a different computer on eclipse and now you want to switch the machine for some reason. If this is what you need to do, follow the below mentioned:
1. From the main menu bar, select File > Import.... The Import wizard opens.
2. Select General > Existing Project into Workspace and click Next.
3. Choose either Select root directory or Select archive file and click the associated Browse to locate the directory or file containing the projects.
4. Under Projects select the project or projects which you would like to import.
5. Click Finish to start the import.

This is straight from the Eclipse Help Contents, for further details select Help Contents from Help menu and type "importing existing projects".

Tell me if this helps.

From what I have understood you need to do, it is something like this:
You have created/worked on the project on a different computer on eclipse and now you want to switch the machine for some reason. If this is what you need to do, follow the below mentioned:
1. From the main menu bar, select File > Import.... The Import wizard opens.
2. Select General > Existing Project into Workspace and click Next.
3. Choose either Select root directory or Select archive file and click the associated Browse to locate the directory or file containing the projects.
4. Under Projects select the project or projects which you would like to import.
5. Click Finish to start the import.

This is straight from the Eclipse Help Contents, for further details select Help Contents from Help menu and type "importing existing projects".

Tell me if this helps.

thx very much!! :)

(i searched in the help of eclipse, it sure have sliped from my eyes..)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.