I know how to make 64 bit integers but how do I make 64 megabit integers? That is a bit rate of (1024^3)*64 bits. Is this a simple job as I don't know where to begin. I thought somebody might know of a library/script that will allow custom bit rates as it will save me a lot of time writing a library from scratch. Any links as google reviled nothing? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Take a look at the MP BigNum Library.

Except that is C, not C++. (I want C++) so are there any written in C++ which work in the VC++ compiler and have at least some documentation? I found BigInt but it doesn't work for VC++. Any others like BigInt which work for VC++?

Except that is C, not C++. (I want C++)

Which you "forgot" to mention in your original query?

And I don't see why shouldn't a library written in C won't work with C++. However, take a look at the "Libraries" section in this page: Arbitrary-precision Arithmetic

GMP has a c++ wrapper, you could use that if you really want to code in c++ style.

commented: Exactly! It's like they never bothered to read more than 5 words... +19

Grr. I might just switch compilers and try out some of the libraries available which don't work on VC++. Seems impossible to get open source to work on VC++. Does anyone know of a different compiler with about as gooder debugging system as VC++ and hopefully supports both g++ and MinGW? I think that's the true key to the problem.

Grr. I might just switch compilers and try out some of the libraries available which don't work on VC++. Seems impossible to get open source to work on VC++. Does anyone know of a different compiler with about as gooder debugging system as VC++ and hopefully supports both g++ and MinGW? I think that's the true key to the problem.

Just discovered the Codelite IDE I use on Ubuntu is cross platform. And it does everything I want it to do (hopefully). So take that Microsoft as it supports every variation of c++ and not just the Microsoft Libraries. Will keep you updated if I need any further help...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.