Hello, I just created a digital thermometer using a 8085 microprocessor. But the problem is we only had LM36 which measures temperauture in celsius, so we had to convert form celsius to farenheit, using hardware. But on a lab question the teacher wants us to convert the tempauture using software and not hardware, but I have no clue as how to do this in software, can somebdoy point me in the right direction to do this. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

The formula itself is quite simple:

F = (9/5)*C+32

Not sure if you want to do this in 8085 assembly?

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

The formula itself is quite simple:

F = (9/5)*C+32

Not sure if you want to do this in 8085 assembly?

Yeah, I already knew what the formula was, I just can't figure out on how to do it on a 8085 microprocessor.

Hello, I just created a digital thermometer using a 8085 microprocessor. But the problem is we only had LM36 which measures temperauture in celsius, so we had to convert form celsius to farenheit, using hardware. But on a lab question the teacher wants us to convert the tempauture using software and not hardware, but I have no clue as how to do this in software, can somebdoy point me in the right direction to do this. Thanks in advance.

...........................:-| ;)

Yeah, I already knew what the formula was, I just can't figure out on how to do it on a 8085 microprocessor.

If 8085 is anything like 8086 it goes:

xor ah,ah
mov al, celcius
mov bh, 9
mul bh
mov bh, 5
div bh
add al, 32
mov farenheit, al

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.