hi !!!
I am making a window application in which I want tree view in left panel .For each nodes (the nodes here are outlook messages stored in a vault,) click I want the corresponding outlook message to be displayed in right panel . The outlook message in the right panel should open as when opening the message from outlook itself .how can I display these forms in right panel on clicking node of tree.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You may show a form (instance) into the area of panel by setting false value to TopLevel property of form.

Form fm=new Form();
 fm.TopLevel=false;
 fm.Show();
 Panel1.Controls.Add(fm);

ok...i know this will work for opening a usual form in the right panel..But the oulook message form should be opened..is this possible?

>But the oulook message form should be opened..is this possible?

I hope your code uses Outlook API. (Interop).

i dont know where i should use this outlook API..... Suppose i have kept a button where i get the filename of the outlook message to a string.I need to open that file in a panel.How can this be done.???

Hi,
i saw that its possible to use webbrowser instead to open office files..It is working, but the window is being not opened in the webbrowser.It opens seperately .Am using outlook 2007 and C#.net 2005

>but the window is being not opened in the webbrowser.It opens seperately

Yes you can not add window (form) of outlook application into your application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.