hello everyone!
i have a problem, i have a written code that i have changed a little bit, its a droughts game. the problem is that i want to make a game when player plays ageinst player and for that i have to put out the cpu code. obviously it is not that easy like i was think to my self. so the qestion is , how i do it? where to eek and fined, and when i fined , how i get cpu out of the code?

the project is attached below.

tnaks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have a look at codeproject article - http://www.codeproject.com/KB/game/learning_draughts.aspx

lol... i just took this project and modified it a littlebit. i just stuked with the "removing" the cpu player from the game and instead replace cpu with simple player (human), so the game will be human vs. human game, with the rules that already have in the algorithm. i dont know how to remove the cpu... thats it. :)

if you have a working game that allows a human to play versus the computer then you have all you need.
You need to locate two sections of the code: 1. The part that accepts the users move and 2. the part that automates the computers move.

Just take out section 2 and replace it with section 1. After that you will only need to make a couple of small changes, but the bulk of the work is done.

if you have a working game that allows a human to play versus the computer then you have all you need.
You need to locate two sections of the code: 1. The part that accepts the users move and 2. the part that automates the computers move.

Just take out section 2 and replace it with section 1. After that you will only need to make a couple of small changes, but the bulk of the work is done.

u right, but the problem i dont fined the sections... can u help me with this? i am not so good at programming

Is this for a school/college/uni project?
You said you wrote the program, surely if you wrote it then you would know what each section does.
The policy here at daniweb is to help those who show effort; at the very least you need to have a go at adapting the project yourself.
Read through the code, figure out what each line is doing and find the blocks that a) accept user input and b) evaluate the computers move.
Try for yourself first then show us what you have achieved.

If this is a project you've chosen to do for yourself to learn to code then i'd advise starting on something simpler. If its something for education, i offer a strong word of caution...if you didnt write the code yourself there is a good chance you will be caught and punished for plagarism.

fine, i will try to do what i can, and will see what we got

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.