Hello!! I have started learning c++ and it has been a real sucess until now. My codes that worked before and those that im trying to use now, doesn't work.. I get a compiler error... Here is the code and the error: // tutorialearning.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.

#include <iostream>
#include <stdafx.h>

int doubleNumber(int x)
{
	return 2 * x;
}

int main()
{   
        using namespace std;
	cout << "Number to double: " << endl;
	cin >> x;
	cout << "Doubled number: " << doublenumber(x) << endl;
	return 0;
}

And im getting this in the compiler when i try to build:

1>------ Build started: Project: tutorialearning, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>tutorialearning.cpp
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(4) : warning C4627: '#include <iostream>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>        Add directive to 'stdafx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(14) : error C2871: 'std' : a namespace with this name does not exist
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(15) : error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(15) : error C2065: 'endl' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(16) : error C2065: 'cin' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(16) : error C2065: 'x' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(17) : error C2065: 'cout' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(17) : error C2065: 'x' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(17) : error C2065: 'endl' : undeclared identifier
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(17) : error C3861: 'doublenumber': identifier not found
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>tutorialearning - 9 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I really appreciate if you help me and such, thank you!!

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int doubleNumber(int x)
{
	return 2 * x;
}

int main()
{   
	cin >> x;
	cout << "Doubled number: " << doublenumber(x) << endl;
	return 0;
}

Edited 6 Years Ago by gangsta1903: n/a

of course it does not work because;
You are using a variable x without declaring it first.
You declare the functions doubleNumber but call doublenumber. They are different, C++ is case sensitive.

here it is fixed:

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int doubleNumber(int x)
{
	return 2 * x;
}

int main()
{   
	int x;
	cin >> x;
	cout << "Doubled number: " << doubleNumber(x) << endl;
	return 0;
}

Edited 6 Years Ago by gangsta1903: n/a

Comments
He told me to fix easy things that I have fogotten. Thank you!
Stop doing homework for people. Let them do it with your help.

> #include <stdafx.h>
Delete this line,

then do
Project->Settings->Compiler (or pre-processor - depends on which VS you have).

Look for the option that configures "use precompiled headers".
Then turn it OFF.

Comments
Fixed my problem, fast and easy. Any other forums haven't even answered after days. Thank you!

Thank you Gangsta, I fixed that but I still get one of the errors, I think it's something that Salem talks about.. Salem I cannot find that option, im using

Visual Studio C++ 2008

And I really think that's how to fix this problem, please if you can clarify where that settning is, I have searched everywhere. Thank you

Here is the error, if anything has changed:

1>------ Build started: Project: tutorialearning, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>tutorialearning.cpp
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(4) : warning C4627: '#include <iostream>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>        Add directive to 'stdafx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
1>d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\tutorialearning.cpp(21) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\c++projects\tutorialearning\tutorialearning\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>tutorialearning - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

EDIT: I fixed it, searched google and found an answer! Thank you mate, I have learned lot's of things from you guys! Here is the fix for any googlers:

Project -> "projectname" Properties  ->Configuration properties -> C++ ->  Precompiled Headers -> Not Using Precompiled Headers

Edited 6 Years Ago by eddan: n/a

go to
project->properties->configuration properties->C/C++ -> precompiled headers

on the right panel, set Create/Use precompiled Header as "Not Using Precompiled Headers" from the options of drop-down box.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.