Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Tech B
Featured Replies
  • for the width try [CODE] import os os.system("mode con cols=50") [/CODE] and for the length [CODE] os.system("mode con lines=20") #you could also combine them os.system("mode con cols=50 lines=20") [/CODE] Play around with the numbers until ya find a size you like. This is windows only. Read More

My advice, run it from IDLE and you get an adjustable output window with a nice background that works across several common platforms.

Thanks for the advice but I'm trying to make my game retro, like the old text based games such as Zork etc. The green text on a black background is classic.

Thanks for the advice but I'm trying to make my game retro, like the old text based games such as Zork etc. The green text on a black background is classic.

Honestly, get pygame. Its easy to do a text based game with pygame. It will make a screen, and will update with text. Simple simple things.

Make a surface. Fill surface with black.
Make text surface. Write that text to the original surface.
Call for update, and repeat.

for the width try

import os
os.system("mode con cols=50")

and for the length

os.system("mode con lines=20")

#you could also combine them
os.system("mode con cols=50 lines=20")

Play around with the numbers until ya find a size you like.
This is windows only.

Votes + Comments
This person knows their stuff!

THANKS ALOT DUDE! Finally I have the answer! Nice one!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.