Hi :)

Is it better to have a one file program (ex. MyProgram.class) or a multiple file one (ex. Main.class and Gui.class and Draw.class)?

thx

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Username field
Featured Replies

it's no matter of opinion at all. The God Class (which having one massive class is called) is known to be a very bad thing. It's a well documented anti-pattern. Read More

Hi :)

Is it better to have a one file program (ex. MyProgram.class) or a multiple file one (ex. Main.class and Gui.class and Draw.class)?

thx

Well i think that it may be a matter of opinion. Some people find working with one big class easier than working with numerous smaller classes. As regards to your particular classes I think that you should keep them all in different classes.
I had a similar program to yours but I had two classes: One that created the GUI window, the other that drew the shapes to be used on the GUI window.
Good Luck

it's no matter of opinion at all. The God Class (which having one massive class is called) is known to be a very bad thing.
It's a well documented anti-pattern.

it's no matter of opinion at all. The God Class (which having one massive class is called) is known to be a very bad thing.
It's a well documented anti-pattern.

I thought as much, but while googl'ing I couldn't find a definitive answer. Thank you for all the help :)

Fuck You Ilon You Fucking CockSucker
I Will Fucking break into your computer If you have one
And Destroyyyyyy It!!!!

Votes + Comments
Time to delete this post, and the poster
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.