Hello.

I am quite keen with the win32 api but am tired of the standard windows visual styles (XP/Vista/7) and am wondering how to create my own. Have googled but not found any information, just point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.

I have no tried playing around with this

One approach is known as
skinning or a skin
This can change the style of how windows appear used to be popular for windows themes.

Another approach is more re-writing the wheel where you use a window with no frame and redraw the entire window as if it was a graphics image.
--- this gets tricky as you basically recreate every single function such as scroll-bars, minimise

You can even make the windows round but it is a lot of work...
and to use it for applications other than your own?
this is getting close to partially writing your own OS which is best done only in Linux and defeats the purpose.

Hello.

I am quite keen with the win32 api but am tired of the standard windows visual styles (XP/Vista/7) and am wondering how to create my own. Have googled but not found any information, just point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.