I wanted to use a window style that was border-less or had a 1 pixel wide border, but was re-sizable. It was not actually possible so I tried changing the window style with SetWindowLong() then using SetWindowPos() with SWP_FRAMECHANGED and AdjustWindowRect()

It allowed me to resize the window but it made a strange border inside of my window : http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1797/prevfb.png

And now just using any window style makes a border just like that inside all of my windows. No matter what I do its always there even without changing it at all.

I am using a console application that creates a win32 window along with it:

Main function

int main()
	srand( GetTickCount() );

Engine.Hook_Window( 0, "test" );
	Engine.Win.m_szAppName			= "Demo Window";
	Engine.Win.m_hInstance			= ( HINSTANCE )GetWindowLong( GetConsoleWindow(), GWL_HINSTANCE );
	Engine.Win.m_dwWindowStyle		= WS_POPUP;
	Engine.Win.m_dwThread_Sleep_Time	= 10;

Engine.Win.SetWndClass( "Demo_Class",
							MainProc, 0, 
							LoadCursor( Engine.Win.m_hInstance, IDC_ARROW ), 
							LoadIcon(Engine.Win.m_hInstance, IDI_APPLICATION ), 
							( HBRUSH )GetStockObject( 0 ) );

Engine.Win.m_hwApp		= CreateWindowEx( WS_EX_LAYERED, "Demo_Class", Engine.Win.m_szAppName.c_str(), Engine.Win.m_dwWindowStyle, 200, 200, Engine.Win.Width( WINDOW_ID_HOOKED ), Engine.Win.Height( WINDOW_ID_HOOKED ), 0, 0, Engine.Win.m_hInstance, 0 );
	Engine.Win.m_hCalcThread	= CreateThread( 0, 0, ( LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE )CalcThread,  0, 0, 0);
	Engine.Win.Set_ColorKey( RGB( 0, 0, 255 ) );

ShowWindow( Engine.Win.m_hwApp, SW_SHOW );
	UpdateWindow( Engine.Win.m_hwApp );

while( GetMessage( &Engine.Win.m_Msg, 0, 0, 0 ) )
		TranslateMessage( &Engine.Win.m_Msg );
		DispatchMessage( &Engine.Win.m_Msg );

TerminateThread( Engine.Win.m_hCalcThread, 0 );

Its making the window as if it has a strange border and a menu when I clearly am not using a style with that and have set the menu names to NULL.

No one has any idea why it would do this?

I went through my code disabling piece by piece to find the bad boy, It was caused by sending every message that my window received to another window.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.