I have a C++ console executable module build in VS2008. To run it requires some MS components to be installed, namely:
-- Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package
-- Window Media Encoder 9 Package
The module runs fine on all XP machines I tried but fails to load on a Windows Server 2003 R2 box (more precisely MS Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2). When it fails to load, it produces a very generic error message which gives me no clue as to what is actually going on. The very 1st statement in the module is a printf so since nothing gets printf'd, it seems that the problem might be with one of the above components the module depends on.

Do you to know if there are versions of these modules specifically for MS Windows Server 2003? What else could be going wrong?

thanks much!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The program depends.exe distributed with the compiler will tell you all the DLLs that are required by your program. Probably one or more of them are missing or the wrong version.

commented: A good suggestion. +5

The program depends.exe distributed with the compiler will tell you all the DLLs that are required by your program. Probably one or more of them are missing or the wrong version.

Thanks. Does this tool give info on what DLLs are broken or wrong version?

It worked, thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.