Hello,

I am looking for some code that would help me understand how to use SPSS in C#. Basically, what I need to do is open an SPSS file and save it in another format. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you know the internal structure of an SPSS file it should be no problem to convert one file to another format.
But I think because SPSS is a widely used and commercial statistical package, this will not be given for free. I can be wrong, I just don't know.

ddanbe, thanks for your response. I have several versions of SPSS on my machine, and I am able to add references to the type library, but cannot figure out the proper code to initialize the application and open a data file. I've looked all over and found a few sites that explain how to do it in VB, but when I tried to translate that to C#, the application just freezes.

Maybe posting some code would make things clearer? IMHO if it can be done in VB it can be done in C#!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.