nccsbim071 25 Junior Poster

Hi, I have created a window service and set some dependencies like on MSMQ, MSSQLSERVER and so. Everything is working nice. but i need to send another dependency for my service. That is on internet connection. My service is responsible for sending emails. As soon my server starts, my service starts too and it finds if there is anything to send, if there is, it starts to send email, if during sending it is not able to connect to the internet it cannot send email.

so i guess i should set my service dependency on internet connection too. I already set my window service dependency to MicrosoftSQL Server and Microsoft Message Queuing by editing the registry value.

by adding new multi string value named "DependOnService", Type "REG_MULTI_SZ" and space separated names of the services that my service depends upon for the Data.

For Microsoft SQL Server i set the value to "MSSQLSERVER" but i don't know the name of the internet service that i need to set dependency upon.

how can i do this, any help please Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.