Hi, guys
I never done this before but I want to make a program like a YouTube Downloader.
I just don't now how to start. I found at that a HTTP Request requests a FLV file called videoplayback (without an extension).
If I goto to the request's link, it downloads the videoplayback file and if I change the extension to .flv then I can play it as a video. How can I use this in a program. Or could you direct me to what should I learn before? I don't have some professional C++ knowledge, and I don't now how much skills do I need to acomplish this.

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Personally I would opt to use a library for HTTP. I know libcurl is at least one option, there are probably hundreds more.

The reason I would use a library is because if the project requires using the HTTP specification extensively, it will save you a lot of work.

You can, of course, read the HTTP RFC here--but I personally would not go that route, unless for some reason there are no suitable libraries available that meet your needs.

Personally I would opt to use a library for HTTP. I know libcurl is at least one option, there are probably hundreds more.

The reason I would use a library is because if the project requires using the HTTP specification extensively, it will save you a lot of work.

You can, of course, read the HTTP RFC here--but I personally would not go that route, unless for some reason there are no suitable libraries available that meet your needs.

How can I use libcurl, never heard of it before.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.