Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help, I have an large XML structure which I am attempting to interrogate. My structure(problem) is as follows

<BigStructure>
<Structure myNumber="1003">
<Structures>
<myMap>
<Point ID="1">
<Opt>THE</Opt>
<Next>2</Next>
</Point>
<Point ID="2">
<Opt>ONE</Opt>
<Next>2</Next>
</Point>
</myMap>
<myMap>
<Point ID="1">
<Opt>THE</Opt>
<Next>2</Next>
</Point>
<Point ID="2">
<Opt>THIS</Opt>
<Next>2</Next>
</Point>
</myMap>
</Structures>
</Structure>
</BigStructure>

By the time I get to Querying this point in the strucutre I have retreived the myNumber=1003 and can easily navigate to this point however I am needing to basically return this full <myMap> Node strucutre based on the value found in the <Opt> Node, but I have to match 2 of the nodes, effectively an AND statement.

This is what I am attempting to do, so far but I am very much going round the houses.

//Structure[@myNumber = '1003']/Structures/myMap/Point[Opt='WAW' AND Opt=’ONE’]/..

Hope this is clear enough, Thanks in advance.

Hi there, again

I have resolved this issue and am posting the solution I came up with to assist anyone who faces the same headache problem in the future.

//Structure[@myNumber = '1003']/Structures/myMap[Point[Opt='THE' and Point[Opt=’ONE’]]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.