LOL Im no BILL GATE THE II OR III just was a beginnering in basic v2 in 1982 when Commodore 64 came out used it mainly for playing games and writing a bit of asm.

Are you jealous that Im congratilating Bjarne Stroustroup on writing C++ Ive seen a few wrappers for C that tried to make it into an object orientated language before C++.

I learned Objects in C++ and VB but Im no Bill Gates he used to write stuff on Minicomputers and mainframes. All I had was my venerable Commodore 64

LOL Im no BILL GATE THE II OR III just was a beginnering in basic v2 in 1982 when Commodore 64 came out used it mainly for playing games and writing a bit of asm.

Are you jealous that Im congratilating Bjarne Stroustroup on writing C++ Ive seen a few wrappers for C that tried to make it into an object orientated language before C++.

I learned Objects in C++ and VB but Im no Bill Gates he used to write stuff on Minicomputers and mainframes. All I had was my venerable Commodore 64

Hehehe!
I loved that phrase of making money out of C++. It sounds Bill Gate-ish.

@Jonsca, thanks for pointing that. I should have said Bill Gates the IV

Do you think that C++ is enough for modern day computing or is there need for improvements?

I would say that c++ is enough for the task that is required for it ? just my thought really, it all depends on what you require the language to do, c#/java/php are not really good at system development, but then c#/java/php are more portable languages on different OS!!.

If everything you now know about programming languages, if you could go back in time and change anything about C++ that you wanted to, what would you change, if anything?

Just out of curiosity, why is calling main() recursively legal in C but "illegal" in C++? Is there a technical reason for this, or is it aesthetic?

Why is C++ so freakin awesome?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.