Hi, I recently downloaded the GMP library, and I am completely lost in building it. I tried building it, but it just doesn't want to work for me. I want to build the C++ wrapper. BTW, I have never built a library before, so please excuse any of my stupidity in that area.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This is a great tutorial on how to do it with MPIR which I believe has identical syntax, and using VS (the author of that blog posts here sometimes, I believe).

If you want to compile it using MinGW you probably need to have something like MSYS or Cygwin (can't help you with either of those) to run the Unix commands to configure and make.

If you're running *nix already you should be able to use the configure and make tools without too much trouble.

I'm not very seasoned in terms of this stuff either but I was able to get the library to work with VC++ Express Edition.

Cool! Thanks, I got it working.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.