Customer cust;
string blank = " ";
string line;
int start, end, count;
string titl, firstNam, middleNam, lastNam, add, cit, stat, zip, phone;

int main()
{
	cust.displayLabel();

NOTE: I took out a lot of unnecessary code to get straight to the point.

I know that my parameters do not match up, but that's my question: what do I send to the function parameter wise for ostream &out? I'm kind of lost in this part...

Thanks!

mitrmkar commented: ++rep for taking out unnecessary code. +5

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you want the data displayed on the console sceen then pass cout like this: cust.displayLabel(cout);

If you want the data displayed on the console sceen then pass cout like this: cust.displayLabel(cout);

I get an error when I put cout as a parameter.
Something like this:

1>CustomerClient.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Customer::Customer(void)" (??0Customer@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'cust''(void)" (??__Ecust@@YAXXZ)
1>C:\Users\Joseph\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Homework 7\Debug\Homework 7.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I get an error when I put cout as a parameter.

Using cout as a parameter is OK - that's not the error.

Looking at the error message, it seems that you don't have written code for default constructor of class Customer .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.