Hello ,

I need an approach for my new assignment.Thought a lot but could'nt find an approach so posting it in this site hoping that someone might have come accross this situation and can suggest me something :-)

I have a console application that downloads images from IP cameras (say cctv cameras in shoping Malls) as per the time specified in Database.
I am using windows service with a timer for initial POC.
I will try to explain the scenario for which I am not finding an approach:

Say I have four cemaras
1. Camera1
2. Camera2
3. Camera3
4. Camera4

Now as per the database records, I have to capture the image at exactly 7 AM in the morning for all the cameras.
Now my windows service can have one call at a time. If I loop through and call the request for camera1 first then I will get the 7 AM picture frame(image) for camera1. But till the request comes for camera4 the time will be different and I will not be able to capture image for camera4 at 7 Am, may be I will get the image of 7.05 AM.

I cannot create 4 windows service as how many cameras will be there is decided by the records in the database which I have to read dynamically, So there may be more then 4 cameras or even less then 4.

So my question is how can I have a 4 or even more calls simalteniously and get the picture frame of the specified time ?? There may be 100 cameras as well :-(

Hope I am able to explain the situation. Please let me know if you have come accross this kind of problem and have some idea about the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sknake

hmm most IP cameras have settings that let them take picture or recording at certain times. Just use the software provided to get the images in a certain folder. Then let your software take it from there, even if it take an hour, your 7 A.M. pics will be 7 A.M. as per the camera settings.

Maybe multithreading would help. Loop through database records and start a new thread for each request you have to do.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.