wolfshire 0 Newbie Poster

Hi to everyone on this great site!
I have been learning assembly since the last semester. They taught use assembly there in real mode in DOS using some age old book and masm. Then by my interest I picked the subject again now and learn it using AT&T syntax and book Professional assembly language by Richard Blum. Although quite good including topics like inline assembly, assembly routines, this book still left me more confused as it skipped all the protected mode details, i/o(it used C's functions for that.)
Kindly do suggest me some good text which contains at least these topics clearly:
1.Clear differentiation b/w various addressing modes (real, protected, segments etc.) with eg.and how to switch b/w them.
2.i/o, interrupt handling (pref. Linux platform)
3.With more content for system programmers and device writers rather than application programmers or some toy programs.
4.Preferably uses Linux and AT&T syntax (I am actually aiming for linux kernel development.)
Thanks in advance.

P.S.
1.Reason I ask for books is because I don't have access to computer or net all the time.
2.I have already checked Step by step and Randall Hydes' AoA. They only contain beginner's materials.