I have an MDIParent form with a button in it. I have it so that when i click the button it gets disabled. What i need help on is that, I need to know how to re-enable the button after i exit out of the form that opens when i click the button.

Thanks,
NH1

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

So, you have Child Form which opens from the button... you'll implement the event Form Closed of the Child Form to execute this piece of code

yourButton.Enabled = true;

So, you have Child Form which opens from the button... you'll implement the event Form Closed of the Child Form to execute this piece of code

yourButton.Enabled = true;

The Problem with that is when i do that there is an error.
"
ToolStripButton3.Enabled = true;
"
The error says this; The name "toolStripButton3" does not exist in the current context;

Please clarify, where the button is? Parent Form or the Child one? and tell me the exact scenario.

Please clarify, where the button is? Parent Form or the Child one? and tell me the exact scenario.

The Button is in the Parent form. The button opens a child form. When i click the button, opening the the child form, the button gets disabled.
I need to know how to re-enable the button when i exit the child form.

//Global Variables
Form frmChild;

private void button1_Click(....)
{
//show child form
frmChild=new Form();
frmChild.MDIParent=this;
frmChild.Show();
frmChild.FormClosed+=new FormClosedEventHandler(frmChild_FormClosed);
//disable your button
button1.Enabled = false;
}

void frmChild_FormClosed(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
button1.Enabled = true;
}
//Global Variables
Form frmChild;

private void button1_Click(....)
{
//show child form
frmChild=new Form();
frmChild.MDIParent=this;
frmChild.Show();
frmChild.FormClosed+=new FormClosedEventHandler(frmChild_FormClosed);
//disable your button
button1.Enabled = false;
}

void frmChild_FormClosed(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
button1.Enabled = true;
}

Thanks that worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.