Hello. A while back I wrote a program called 'divvy' (http://www.cerberusgate.com/divvy.zip) in C++. It works fine on my system, but I have received several complaints that it does not work on other systems. This is the error:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "C:\DIVVY.EXE" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).

I tried to find dependencies with Dependency Walker v2.2.6000, and I said I needed these two files to run divvy.exe:

msvcp90d.dll
msvcr90d.dll

so I included them with the program binary, and dependency walker said it had everything it needed. But I still get error 14001.

Anybody know what is wrong?

Those are debug version of the libraries. Recompile your program for release version and it may work on other computers. computers.

Ah. Stupid mistake on my part. I recompiled the program in release mode and it works now. Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.