Hello. A while back I wrote a program called 'divvy' (http://www.cerberusgate.com/divvy.zip) in C++. It works fine on my system, but I have received several complaints that it does not work on other systems. This is the error:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "C:\DIVVY.EXE" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).

I tried to find dependencies with Dependency Walker v2.2.6000, and I said I needed these two files to run divvy.exe:

msvcp90d.dll
msvcr90d.dll

so I included them with the program binary, and dependency walker said it had everything it needed. But I still get error 14001.

Anybody know what is wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Those are debug version of the libraries. Recompile your program for release version and it may work on other computers. computers.

Ah. Stupid mistake on my part. I recompiled the program in release mode and it works now. Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.