how would i do this i need to do it other wise u have to havesomthing (i forget what is on your comp in order for them to worK)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Please be more specific. how do would I do "X"? or Which is better "Y" or "Z"

Do you want to use the Vise installer? and do a windows based install? are you "installing"
on Unix based clients? is a batch or shell script okay? how new are you to programming?
is this a project for school? etc.. etc..

Tell folks what you would like to achieve as an end result and the answer is more likely
to be tailored to your needs.

I am fairly new this is what I want to be able to do...ok so inorder for C# apps to run on another comp it says that you have to have the .net framework installed. i want to make an installer that will install my app and the .net framework. is this possible if so how?

I personally dont have the foggiest on this one. But now that the problem
is better defined I would say that your odds of a soloution are much higher.

I would say that the .net framework should have been installed on an initial
baseline workstation and then deployed when the rest on the network were ghosted.

Aside from using a batch script to redeploy preconfigured files or using
winzip to quickly unpack what you need or some combination thereof, I
am out of suggestions.

happy hunting
and good luck.

Go to solution properties select the publish tab then prerequisites and check the box for .net...
Hope this helps......

Go to solution properties select the publish tab then prerequisites and check the box for .net...
Hope this helps......

Thread is 4+ years old!

Thread is 4+ years old![/QUOTE

oh well i didnt notice
i have only been on MSDN before and the Modarators there always answer questions if no one else has so they dont get that old lol

hopefully my answer will be usefull to someone!!

thanks anyway....:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.