i have developed simple system with ADODB connectivity n with some of
components inserted like MS MaskedEdit control, or Crystal report control
n then after installation of Windows 7 i tried to run some of my Program
then my all other program run well with all components added but in 1 program
i got error of "No log File Found"
n i lost all my componenets from tool box
so i want to know how i resolve this issue or how got this error?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your error, "No log file found" will be within your code where you have set a reference (link) to a certain log file. On your development pc it was able to find this log file, because your path was set to it. On your new system the log file either does not exist or is in the incorrect path, meaning that your application is looking for it, but it does not exist in that path. Copy the log file to the correct folder.

I do not know if this log file is setting reference to your components or not, but seeing that the components is "lost" after the app can not find the log file, I think you need to first copy the log file to the correct path and try again.

Let us know if this solved your problem.

Your error, "No log file found" will be within your code where you have set a reference (link) to a certain log file. On your development pc it was able to find this log file, because your path was set to it. On your new system the log file either does not exist or is in the incorrect path, meaning that your application is looking for it, but it does not exist in that path. Copy the log file to the correct folder.

I do not know if this log file is setting reference to your components or not, but seeing that the components is "lost" after the app can not find the log file, I think you need to first copy the log file to the correct path and try again.

Let us know if this solved your problem.

but the component path is whichever default not even change any 1 of componant file path
or yes but i format my XP system with Windows 7 so i need to reinsatll my VB6.0
but still my file path was the same

n if this is so happen what do i do at user side system?

When you formatted and installed Win 7 the folders AND files was removed, because upgrading from XP to Win 7 requires a complete clean install. This means that you need to create the log file in the correct path again. The same will count for installing on a user pc. You will need to create the folder and log file when installing the app onto the user system, otherwise it will not read the info from the log file if it does not exist.

Also ensure that you have the newest service pack for vb6.0 installed when working on Win7.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.