Hi dears.
I want make relation with gsm modem.
my first goal and main one is sending and receiving sms.
_then I want go front.for example for mms sending and ..._
I want to do it on a linux server.
please introduce me a suitable modula with it's tutorial or documentation.
thanks if guide me.

Edited 6 Years Ago by funfullson: n/a

I want make relation with gsm modem.

We don't know what this means. If you want to communicate via a serial port, check out USPP and PySerial, but however the signal enters your computer, you will have to have an interface to the port.

Edited 6 Years Ago by woooee: n/a

Realy I have I gsm modem _witch are used in mobiles for sending and receiving sms_
I have to send and receive sms with that in my program.but I don't know how I can do it
I find some modula such as pysms and pygsm to do it but they have no suitable flexibility
and I don't know witch one is better or maybe I have to do it in another way at all.
I confused that what I have to do and how I have to start it.
please guide me.
thanks.

Edited 6 Years Ago by funfullson: n/a

Hi I have used the USPP to send a text and it worked fine, however, when I try to read an unread sms it does not show me the actual text. I am using the

modem.write('AT+CMGR=1\r\n')[/code=python]

Any code snippets that I can use to show the unread text as I am trying to trap the message into a variable.

Thanks[code=python]modem.write('AT+CMGR=1\r\n')[/code=python]

Any code snippets that I can use to show the unread text as I am trying to trap the message into a variable.

Thanks

You should start a thread and ask for help there, not on a old closed thread.

Anyway, you should read this.

Cheers and Happy coding

Hi thanks. I will read the info you sent and get back if I encounter any problems. Many Thanks.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.