Hi dears.
I want make relation with gsm modem.
my first goal and main one is sending and receiving sms.
_then I want go front.for example for mms sending and ..._
I want to do it on a linux server.
please introduce me a suitable modula with it's tutorial or documentation.
thanks if guide me.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I want make relation with gsm modem.

We don't know what this means. If you want to communicate via a serial port, check out USPP and PySerial, but however the signal enters your computer, you will have to have an interface to the port.

Realy I have I gsm modem _witch are used in mobiles for sending and receiving sms_
I have to send and receive sms with that in my program.but I don't know how I can do it
I find some modula such as pysms and pygsm to do it but they have no suitable flexibility
and I don't know witch one is better or maybe I have to do it in another way at all.
I confused that what I have to do and how I have to start it.
please guide me.
thanks.

Well you need Pyserial or USPP if you connect through the COM port.

And from there on, more info is needed.

Happy coding

Hi I have used the USPP to send a text and it worked fine, however, when I try to read an unread sms it does not show me the actual text. I am using the

modem.write('AT+CMGR=1\r\n')[/code=python]

Any code snippets that I can use to show the unread text as I am trying to trap the message into a variable.

Thanks[code=python]modem.write('AT+CMGR=1\r\n')[/code=python]

Any code snippets that I can use to show the unread text as I am trying to trap the message into a variable.

Thanks

You should start a thread and ask for help there, not on a old closed thread.

Anyway, you should read this.

Cheers and Happy coding

Hi thanks. I will read the info you sent and get back if I encounter any problems. Many Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.