I have been trying to compile a program for school using textpad, but i am unable to find the sdk tool that is supposed to be in the tools window.i have installed the java 6 jdk/jre, then text pad ( multiple times and ended up with the same results. when i try to compile it says that the system cannot find the file path or that the file contains invald path. what can i do?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Please copy and paste here the full text of the error messages so we can see exactly what the error is.
If you are on Windows:
To copy the contents of the command prompt window:
Click on Icon in upper left corner
Select Edit
Select 'Select All' - The selection will show
Click in upper left again
Select Edit and click 'Copy'

Paste here.

Please copy and paste here the full text of the error messages so we can see exactly what the error is.
If you are on Windows:
Select Edit

Paste here.

it isnt letting me but ill type it in will that work

If you are on Windows:
Select Edit

Paste here.

here is the message from the window

E:\cosc1330\homwork ch 1.java java contains an invalid path

it isnt letting me

What is the "it" here? An IDE, the OS or what???

essage from the window

What window? A program, a dialog, the OS ???

E:\cosc1330\homwork ch 1.java java contains an invalid path

Where did the path you show come from? What part of what you posted is the path and what part is the error message?

it wouldnt let me copy there was no window, so i wrote it in

the window is the dialog box that pops up when i try to compile the program, and i dont understand why. could the configuration in texpad tools be wrong

the path that i sent you is a program i wrote for school, that message is what is sent when i try to compile it. i have downloaded java se 6, and then textpad multiple times and the same results happen when i try to compile the program

Is your problem with using the program textpad?
Sorry, I don't know anything about that program and can not help you with using it.
Is there a forum where you can ask questions about it?

How about compiling your program with the javac program?
Open a command prompt window, change to the folder where the .java file is located and enter:
javac YOURPROGRAMHERE.java

If there are no error messages, enter:
java YOURPROGRAMHERE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.