So line 34 should have the 775,146 number, and the fmod() number should be the big 'un.

Did you get fmod() to work OK, with the big Number?

fmod(double, double), is being given a long as the second parameter in your code - so I don't know if it will work or not.

Member Avatar for 1stDAN

I am really sorry to interrupt your discussion.
the way to resolve the warning is to use [from your first post]

unsigned long long nbr=600851475143ULL;

thanks..

sorry for disturbing you but sree_ec is right. gcc has unsigned long long int and his sugggestion on ULL suffix is ok. You can read this.

The greatest 64bit ull is 18 446 744 073 709 551 615 (2^64-1) what is much more you practically need.

I didn't doubt it, but I'm not sure just WHAT baby_c is using right now. She mentioned "C-free", and having gcc on another system. I don't know WHAT "C-free" offers for long long's.

On my 16 bit Turbo C, I have type long double, which is able to deal with it, but it takes some tweaking to be sure you have gotten past the float issues (where the number is not perfectly represented by the double, but it's oh-so-close).

I didn't doubt it, but I'm not sure just WHAT baby_c is using right now. She mentioned "C-free", and having gcc on another system. I don't know WHAT "C-free" offers for long long's.

I just noted that she uses c free and gcc from the previous posts..
anyway i am sure gcc supports it.
C-free is an IDE and i am sure it has migw compiler support for it. So it depends on which compiler is being used here. If she is using mingw with c free , she can get as close to gcc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.