Kraken 0 Newbie Poster

<< moderator edit: split thread ([thread=108]original[/thread]) >>

Let me make one thing clear right of the bat, I do not work with code in any way shape of form. But Graphics are a different story all together. We are setting up to start a game soon, so, I have had to check out some of the software out there, (I have no idea what you want in a game), I believe it to be 3DGS 6 or 7 now, this is a good starter kit to learn on, that is a fact. But, like I have said, some software that has been coming to my desk is pretty good. Right now most games are headed to large landscapes and this has made some real problems for the graphic people. Be that as it may, one program stands out the maybe very good for this, it is called VUE5 Infinite, by itself, its a nice toy, but the maker will be releasing VUE5 Fusion soon, and this will let you transport the complete environment into 3dsmax, maya, softimage, and a few others, you can tune it there and you will have a very good level, this will include all of the objects that you put into it too. Really good stuff, pricey yes, but will let you play with the big boys. Sometimes you need to let them know they are not alone. For now we are working on a shoe string and need to make right choices. But all of these have demos and just fill in the boxs and download, then have fun.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.