i have been in a java course it´s kinda expensive but anyways i am thinking that im going to quit cause its not hard but its really overwhelming dont you get that feeling?, theres just to much to learn!, i cant believe people learned more than 1 programming language also i have focusing problems i cant concentrate well should i quit and stop wasting money? or it just seems that its hard cause im a beginner?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Ha ha ha .....

dont quit. Keep on, dont give up. When you get the logic of programming, the rest is easy.
You can do this buddy ;)

You should probably just worry about learning enough to get a good grade on your next programming assignment or exam, and then build on that knowledge for your next exam, and then build some more for your next exam or assignment.

Thinking about learning everything at once will only cause you to panic.

Java can be overwhelming when you go it alone. It's better to work in a group setting or pair up with someone else learning as well.

what kind of course is that? how much is it?

i have been in a java course it´s kinda expensive but anyways i am thinking that im going to quit cause its not hard but its really overwhelming dont you get that feeling?, theres just to much to learn!, i cant believe people learned more than 1 programming language also i have focusing problems i cant concentrate well should i quit and stop wasting money? or it just seems that its hard cause im a beginner?

To boost your confidence, just start learning using tutorials with clearly worked out examples like Prentice Hall Java How to Program 6th Edition Aug 2004.

Another good move is joining a Java forum like this where the experts help us and we also help others whenever possible.

well, wat i think u should do is to try and make the language interesting, join forums, groups, or other things that'll make it interesting, try and make it fun learning java, cos it's an interesting course, and it worked for me.

How about writing some ideas on paper that you would like to personally code and then learn what you need to get the job done?

Although this might seem daunting, it really pays off when you finish the project and you'll learn how to arrange your thoughts into Java code and be capable of writing in it more efficiently. You'll also gains some tools to write different code using similar ideas/solutions you've come up with.

Don't worry yourself trying to remember every little method... just memorize the syntax and keep a cheat sheet or a pocket reference with you.

Don't worry yourself trying to remember every little method... just memorize the syntax and keep a cheat sheet or a pocket reference with you.

Hello. There is no way to memorize it all.learn the basics but more important is to begin a repository (file system or whatever) and start organizing different code. Stuff like the above code for leap year. Do you know how to write code for leap year. I didn't either. I copied it and saved it. One day I can look it up. There is another link provided
in a post for JList. same thing. Then tear it all apart and put it together in a app you design to do all kinds of code. A JDesktop can be built to run any code you can think of.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.