This code block downloads images from a website.. I used WebClient at one time and I had used DownloadFileAsync combined with my own event handler to send the main form the message that a file was downloaded.

Now I am using HttpWebRequest to try and improve download speed, however I cannot find a way to tell when the file has successfully download!

Can anyone help?

private void Download(object data)
        {
            Data tmp = (Data)data;
            string dl = tmp.url;
            string filename = "";

Directory.CreateDirectory(tmp.saveTo);

if (dl != ".././")
            {

HttpWebRequest web = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(tmp.url);
                HttpWebResponse httpWebResponse = (HttpWebResponse)web.GetResponse();
                Stream stream = httpWebResponse.GetResponseStream();
                StreamReader streamReader = new StreamReader(stream, Encoding.ASCII);

try
                {
                    filename = dl.Substring(dl.LastIndexOf("/") + 1, dl.LastIndexOf(".") - dl.LastIndexOf("/") + 3);
                }
                catch { }

//web.DownloadFileCompleted += new System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventHandler(web_DownloadFileCompleted);

try
                {
                    Image _tmpImage = Image.FromStream(stream);
                    _tmpImage.Save(tmp.saveTo + "\\" + filename);
                    //web.DownloadFileAsync(new Uri(dl), @tmp.saveTo + @"\" + filename + tmp.url.Substring(tmp.url.LastIndexOf("."),4));
                }
                catch {
                    Download(tmp);
                }

}

}

Edited by CGober: n/a

Contributors
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by alc6379
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.