Hi All..

The year hasn't even started and I'm battling again.

I want to import data into sql server 2005 through an excel 2003 file. I do this through the built in mechanism of sql server 2005. But I get the following error:

- Executing (Error)
Error 0xc020901c: Data Flow Task: There was an error with output column "Notes" (39) on output "Excel Source Output" (9). The column status returned was: "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc020902a: Data Flow Task: The "output column "Notes" (39)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "Notes" (39)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

Error 0xc0047038: Data Flow Task: The PrimeOutput method on component "Source - Antoinette$" (1) returned error code 0xC020902A. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.

Error 0xc0047021: Data Flow Task: Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.

Error 0xc0047039: Data Flow Task: Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.

Error 0xc0047021: Data Flow Task: Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.

I know my problem is my "Notes" column because there are some that have enters in and that's why I get the truncated error. I tried googling for answers but unsuccessful. Can anyone please help me with this..??

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

the original files are text files, but I used the excel built in converter to convert to excel 2003 file. the flat file method in sql server doesn't work either I get the same error.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.