hi everyone
this is my first post
and yes, im just starting with cpp
im using devc++
so
i have this homework which i could get done for its due date
but still it would really help me to understand more about cpp if i could get it done
but i cant
so if someone could help me with this one
i would really appreciate it

the program should do the following tasks

*print in screen the data from a matrix stored in a txt file
*the first two numbers from the txt represent the size of the matrix
* user should have the option for writng himself a matrix and store it in a txt file
*the program should first ask for the size of the matrix
*the data from the matrix (from the file and from the screen) should be represented as a matrix (like using tab or hitting the spacebar like 5 times)
*user will be asked for the name of the file to be read or the file name to be stored
*using functions and a menu

i know this is really a long features list
but wich could really help me started is:
*the first two numbers from the txt represent the size of the matrix
and this one
*user will be asked for the name of the file to be read or the file name to be stored

i really have no idea on how to do that
or at least could someone suggest me some book or webpage wich have related topics???

thanks!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sandwich88

Try reading through the c++ books thread in this forum. There would be good help and also useful links.

Post your effort thusfar. Otherwise start with, can you read a file? Can you get input from the user? If you can read from a file, read the two values at the top of it and use those for your subsequent read. Come to us with specific questions.

ok, sorry for ask just like that
im going to try to write some code and then i will return with more direct questions
thank you!
:)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.