Hello, I was curious to know if there was some way to change a .py file to a .pbp file. I know that I can easily make an .exe file with py2exe, is there something like that for pbp?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Just change the dot?

I do not understand:

What is .pbp and how to open .pbp file

PBP is the proprietary file extension generated by Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP). It is widely used to update the firmware, install game demo, homebrew games and applications. Commonly, file must copy to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP on a memory stick. From there the system will use the file to update the firmware.

PSP is a portable Playstation handheld entertainment system. One of the commands in the system is Network Update. In addition to PBP file, PSP also support MP3, ATRAC, MP4, WAV, WMA, AVI, TIFF, GIF, PNG and BMP.

Note: Some homebrew users have also been able to use the .PBP file type for programming the system for their own uses. The file must be digitally signed by Sony, but in firmware versions 1.0, 1.5, and to some extent in 2.0, the signature can be duplicated or improvised, allowing the PSP to run unsigned code.

The PBP file is not only update data, but also the data required to start up a UMD game, PSP game demo, or a homebrew application.

Open PBP File on Windows

* PBP Unpacker
      PBP Unpacker allows you to open, save and modify Sony PSP PBP archives.
    * PSP Brew

PBP File also refers to:

1. Perl Builder File - This PBP file is known as Perl Builder file. Perl is a stable, cross platform programming language.

It is used for mission critical projects in the public and private sectors and is widely used to program web applications of all needs.

Open PBP File on Windows

* Perl Code Editor

2. Phoenix Visual Designer project file - The PBP file is project file used by Phoenix Visual Designer.

Open PBP File on Windows

* Phoenix
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.