name1 - phone1

and i have to convert every line in 2 variables (or array). eg:
name = "name1"
phone = "phone1"

how could i make it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use Split method of string object.

Dim name() As String = TextBox1.Text.Split(New String() {vbCrLf}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries)
Dim phone() As String = TextBox2.Text.Split(New String() {vbCrLf}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries)

See if this helps.

For Each line As String In TextBox1.Lines '// loop thru all lines in TextBox.
            If Not line = "" And line.Contains("-") Then '.. check if line is not empty and it .Contains "-".
                With line.Split("-") '// shorten code a little by using the "With" statement.
                    MsgBox("Name: " & .GetValue(0) & vbNewLine & "Phone: " & .GetValue(1)) '// Display result.
                    '// line.Split("-").GetValue(0) will .Split the line and return the first item in the array.
                End With
            End If
        Next

See if this helps.

For Each line As String In TextBox1.Lines '// loop thru all lines in TextBox.
            If Not line = "" And line.Contains("-") Then '.. check if line is not empty and it .Contains "-".
                With line.Split("-") '// shorten code a little by using the "With" statement.
                    MsgBox("Name: " & .GetValue(0) & vbNewLine & "Phone: " & .GetValue(1)) '// Display result.
                    '// line.Split("-").GetValue(0) will .Split the line and return the first item in the array.
                End With
            End If
        Next

thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.