I am experiencing some abnormal application behavior.
I wrote an application in C# that does hourly database , as well as directory backups.
Its constructed in a way that all settings are saved in XML file. and once the user allows the application to start doing the scheduled backups, a timer runs every millisecond to check for the Date & Time.
If the date & time = the next backup date and time, a backup will be done (Databases and directories have their own individual times.)
The backup process for Databases are as follows:
1. Databases are backed up into .../Microsoft SQL Server/MSSQL.1/MSSQL/Backup/Folder/
2. Database backups are then copied to the applications folder.
3. Database backups now get compressed to save disk space
4. Compressed backups get sent to a remote server via FTP
5. Confirmation Email is sent.
The backup process for Directories are as follows:
1. Directories are copied to the applications folder.
2. Directories get compressed to save disk space
3. Directories get sent to a remote server via FTP
4. Confirmation Email is sent.
This all works perfectly fine.
But when i install this application on a Windows Server (2003 R2 SP1) the application does one backup and then closes.
Why is the application closing ? i have no code that allows it to close.
I also made a log txt file that writes log entries of everything that happens but for some reason the log entries do not include any relevant data to this error.
Also, i use remote desktop to access the server which this is installed on.
THANKS IN ADVANCE :)