I'm rather confused whether the application I have seen used a tool strip or a tab control for its main menu. When I tried clicking the tool strip images, the panel below changes instantly just like the behavior of a tab control, moreover, inside the panel is a tab control. Does it mean that there are two tab controls? Wherein the other tab is only a child container of another tab? I doubt it uses an MDIParent for the instant display of controls.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Without seeing the application it's hard to tell what they might have done.

But how could you show controls instantly using toolstrip? Maybe it's inside a panel.

Easy was is to put them on the form but make them hidden (Visible = false). When you want them to show, you just change the Visible to true.

Would that mess up the design view? Do I need to put the controls in some type of container?

I tried working on two panels that is dock in parent container. It's so hard because the other panel is hiding below the other.

Create one of the panels then cut/paste the code that the designer generates into another method and remove the first panel and controls. Create your 2nd panel and do the same thing. Now you can call either method to generate the panel and it's controls (if you've done it right).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.