looorin 0 Newbie Poster

When I was surfing on an internet I have found four c++ multimedia libraries, which can create games and GUI aplications (SDL, ClanLib, SFML, Allegro). I would like to learn one of them, but i don't have any experience with it. Can you recommend me one of them?

I have read a lot of forums and chats about this problematic, but I still can't decide. The SDL bothers me (at least I think I've seen it somewhere) because it doesn't have a hardware-accelerated 2D graphics in Linux. Allegro is primarily designed for 2D graphics. And I don't know much about a ClanLib and SFML.

Can you give me some advice about this? Which library is the best for you? Have some of them any big problem with something? Is there another multiplatform (Windows, Linux, Mac) multimedia library for c++?

What I need from library:

• work with 2D i 3D graphics
  • easy work with GUI
  • music support
  • network support (UDP/TCP)
  • it must be multiplatform library
  • good documentation and community

I will start with simply screen saver, but in a far future I want to make 2/3D game.

I'm not an English speaking person, so sorry for my English.

Thanks. L.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.