And sorry for double-posting...It's years of frustration and waiting that's compelling me to desperately get an answer here.

Thanks for all who are even willing to try and help because I've asked for some tips about this on countless other sites like this and no one has actually helped. I know my question is very shifty, there's no one-way to answer it, but I'd like to know how to exactly draw image files to a window in focus.

I tried downloading libraries that supposedly do that, but I always and I mean always fail to link them to the compiler/linker so I don't bother with stuff like that any more.
I've been trying for months and still can't link any thing with the linker/compiler I have.

So, I have nothing left but OS-dependent APIs, like Windows API, which, in turn, usually doesn't have to be linked to the C++ file if you work in a Windows API development environment.

I know you're going to tell me "size", "bits", all that stuff, but, to be honest, that doesn't tell me exactly what to do.

Codes alone don't make it clear to me, and I've been looking for a clear answer on how to do this for at least 3 years now and nothing. Not even tutorials have helped.
I just need some one willing to explain the progress, how it works, how it needs to be done and how exactly the files get loaded through those code, how they get to the window, etc.

I'd also like to add that I don't learn like most people do....I'm very strange when it comes to learning, and the simplest of methods might appear harder than the most complicating ones, at times.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

A learning disability does not mean unintelligent. The question isn't "shifty", and I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer. I personally don't use Windows drawing API's because most of the work I do has to run on many different operating systems (Unix, Linux, QNX, Windows, mobile devices), so I generally use a good platform-neutral graphical API, such as Qt or Wx. Have you looked at these? When you install the Qt development kit (SDK in common parlance), you also get a very nice tutorial that shows you how to do a lot of that stuff.

Learning takes practice, practice takes time. You need plenty of both to get far in anything you do. If this will be anything like your previous posts under the similar name, spoonlicker (not the current spoon_licker), the chances of you getting any type of positive feedback will be minimal.

I would recommend something very simple in the tutorials and try to understand what is going on, line by line. If you have a hard time doing that, it will be increasingly difficult to manage the more "complex" stuff. Once you get the tutorial actually working, then I would recommend changing any code in the tutorial and see what the result is. If there is an error, change it back and find out why the error occurred. Play with it and then ask a specific question about what is wrong with the current code, or how else can you mess with it.

I know this isn't answering your question to the degree that you may "want" but you need to keep on pushing the instructional books and -THEN- come in with specific questions before we get too serious in answering your question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.