dhudnall 0 Newbie Poster

Hello All,
I currently have a situation in which I need to dynamically populate a new row in a repeating table on an InfoPath form. I need to copy a field that is an external field into the newly created field in the repeating table. I was directed to an article that shows exactly how to dynamically populate a row in a repeating table using the XML Object model but I have found it extremely difficult to understand. Perhaps I am out of touch with .NET. I currently have three fields in a repeating table (field1, field2, field3). I also have a button that says Add Row. The code behind the button dynamically creates/appends a new field onto each previous field when the button is clicked and populates the text (Cell 1, Cell2, Cell3) respectfully. I also have a fourth text field on the form, outside of the repeating table called field4. Instead of populating standard text into fields 1,2,3, I wish to be able to copy the text/value entered in field4 into the field(s) inside the repeating table. It sounds easy but I have found it extremely difficult to understand each class and its methods for the XML object model. Could someone please take a look at the code below and perhaps show me the code to do just that. The code below is placed on the Add Row button clicked event. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); 
XmlNode group = doc.CreateElement("group2", NamespaceManager.LookupNamespace("my")); 
XmlNode field = doc.CreateElement("field1", NamespaceManager.LookupNamespace("my")); 
XmlNode node = group.AppendChild(field); 
node.InnerText =
"Cell 1"; //<--------Instead of text here I would like the value from field4-----------> 
field = doc.CreateElement(
"field2", NamespaceManager.LookupNamespace("my")); 
node = group.AppendChild(field);
node.InnerText =
"Cell 2"; 
field = doc.CreateElement(
"field3", NamespaceManager.LookupNamespace("my")); 
node = group.AppendChild(field);
node.InnerText =
"Cell 3"; 
doc.AppendChild(group);
MainDataSource.CreateNavigator().SelectSingleNode(