I have a file, "multi.ico" which has four images of different sizes (16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48). Each sized image is a different color, to make it easy to tell which size we are dealing with. This file has been inserted into a resource file "Multi.resources" using Lutz Roeder's .NET Resourcer.

I need to be able to extract the ico from the .resource file in such a way as to keep all four sizes of images. Ideally, I would like to have a wrapper class around the .ico object which allows selection of the image of the proper size.

I have a working wrapper that I can use with a standalone .ico file (multi.ico), but my company system has a lot of images, and we need to be able to bundle them into .resource files for distribution.

Can anybody show me a piece of code which would take Multi.resources (file attached) and extract the 16x16 version of multi.ico (for id purposes it is a blue number 16). I can't seem to get at anything but the yellow 32x32 sized image.

BTW, the attached file needs to be renamed to .resources, I just renamed it because .resources was not on the list of approved file extensions...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

this attachment is damaged and can't be open

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.