FujiFilm 0 Newbie Poster

I am learning visual c# and am having trouble subscribing to an event. The book says,

"Now you create the handler for the two text boxes that must be checked to see whether they are empty. You do this by subscribing to the Validating event of the text boxes. You inform the control that the event should be handled by a method named txtBoxEmpty_Validating() , so that ’ s a single event - handling method for two different controls."

It seems to have skipped onto the next part but I don't think I've created the validating method properly. What I did was double click each of the text boxes which created an event for each. I then went to properties for each text box and under validating entered

txtBoxEmpty_Validating which I felt was more than likely the wrong way of subscribing to the event since the example code on the downloadable file from my book is different than my code.

Did I or didn't I subscribe to the event properly?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.