Is there any way to take oracle backup from java.

Connection c = // Connection Setting;
st = c.createStatement();
rs = st.executeQuery("//What to write here for backup");

I have tried imp and exp utility , but they cant be accessed through sqlplus...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is there any way to take oracle backup from java.

Connection c = // Connection Setting;
st = c.createStatement();
rs = st.executeQuery("//What to write here for backup");

I have tried imp and exp utility , but they cant be accessed through sqlplus...

I'm afraid but to my current experiences this would fall down to manual task of command line with use of native dump tool or some GUI. This leaves you with lovely Runtime class once again

I would be glad to know if anyone knows any other alternative of programatically backing DB

Found a hard way, but it will work.

I would be glad to know if anyone knows any other alternative of programatically backing DB

looks like as we always use for that GUI :-), majorities of cmd instuctions depends of accesses to the MetaData, are you talk me that isn't possible call from JDBC/ODBC something as "CREATE DATASBASE, DROP, ALERT, BACKUP BA http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186865.aspx just SQL-92 syntax nothing Microsoft specific, same syntax must be for Oracle, MySql, maybe db2 syntax could be little bit different from as400 OS

Member Avatar for hfx642

Being an Oracle Developer, I don't really understand why anyone would want to do that. Sorry!

Taking backup is a admin responsibility , i know this. But a small organization cant afford admin whose s/w is completely based on free software.. Taking backup of data even for a small shop is common now a days. So the organization where i m working cant afford a admin. :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.