MonsterCookies 0 Newbie Poster

Hello Everyone!

I'm looking for some advice from some C# pros out there. I am not a C# developer, I am a java/actionscript developer. I have an old VB6 component wrapped up into activeX that I am trying to update. I have rebuilt the component from scratch in visual studio 2010, and I can call it from an exe launcher that I made, and it all works. However, when I put it into a .cab file and attempt to reference it in an <object> tag, I get the error "Class does not support automation".

<OBJECT ID="ctlVBAX" classid="CLSID:F4EAC467-BFF3-413D-8F79-1FA5CD59B11F" width="0" height="0" CODEBASE="OutlookFreeBusy_v2.CAB#com.OutlookFreeBusy_v2.OutlookFreeBusy">
	</OBJECT>

The classid is the GUID assigned in metadata to my class, with the #namespace.classname specified on the end of the codebase attribute.

What is the best way to package up a NON-VISUAL dll for use on the web, all i want to do is call it with Javascript, and have it return some text. I understand the .net framework will be required with this method and that is ok with me.

thanks in advance,
monster