Hello,
I am new to this forum and would like to say hi to every one.
My name is renny.
Now I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I dave devC++ and when i compile my code then run it, a window comes up and goes away very fast. How do I stop the program after it run so the window stay there so I can see it.

Thank You
Renny/sadsack

Iwas going over some posted and found out how to do it.
Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

you have to make the program pause before it exits back to the operating system.

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
   system("pause");
   return 0;
}

Thank you I am going to need a lot of help with c++. Do you think that DevC++ is a good compiler to use? Is there a free one that is better?
renny/sadsack

>Do you think that DevC++ is a good compiler to use?
Yes.

>Is there a free one that is better?
At your level, you wouldn't notice the differences that I would say make one compiler "better" than another. So Dev-C++ is fine unless you absolutely hate it for some reason.

Yes there are better compilers (some free but most cost lots of $$$), but Dev-C++ is probably best for beginners. Most of the other compilers have complicated IDEs (programmers GUI editors and tools) that take some time even for experienced programmers to learn. Stick with someting pretty simple for now.

thanks I will.
renny

I have recently started a c programing class and this is the recomended compiler. However the website bloodshed.net is gone and i cant find a help file to look up simple operators. a link would be nice thanks!

First time I've heard that www.bloodshed.net no longer exists. Makes sense since that has been a dead IDE for several years now. Forget Dev-C++ and get Code::Blocks with MinGW compiler.

>>and i cant find a help file to look up simple operators.
Dev-C++ isn't needed for that. Just learn to use google

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.